WOW project & International Video Art Festival Now&After
Curated by Marina Fomenko
1. Marina Fomenko, Whence Winter Came to Us, Russia, 2012-2015, 4:30
2. Lyuba Sautina, Plastic Flowers, Russia, 2016, 2:30
3. Alexandra Mitlyanskaya, A Bus, Russia, 2014, 5:49
4. Anastasia Levina, Universal Memory Cells, Russia, 2014, 7:19
5. Dmitry Bulnygin, Neither Fish, nor Slaves, Russia, 2015, 5:00
6. Konstantin Krylovsky, A Letter to Lucy, Russia, 2016, 2:35
Duration 30 min.
The future of the human species and environmental conditions are inseparable. For our survival, we need to maintain the ecological balance and diversity of living creatures and vegetable life. In spite of environment control, we intervene into a life of nature and bring into it artificial alien elements. They intrude into nature sometimes replacing wild-life.
International Video Art Festival Now&After is annually held in Moscow, Russia since 2011. It is organized by independent nonprofit organization Media Art Centre Now&After. The festival is traditionally being held within a museum space, where during few weeks its program films are being demonstrated as a multi-channel video installation. Now&After founding director and curator is Marina Fomenko.